Poems

Did some poems for assignment. I guess it'll be a waste after sending them in right?

Standing there

Standing there

Green, brown and yellow

He who made you

Pleasant to the eye.

Dry, wet,

Cold and hot,

Shielding those who needed

Without favor returned.

Still people forget,

And walked past you,

Without gratitude

Or care.

But you stood there

Tall and strong,

Giving them life;

Looking at them

With only the purest intentions.



Lost essence

A soul mentioned,

Unknown of identity,

Not recognizable,

Often left unattended,

Hollow on the outside.

Masks to hide in pretense,

And shells to shield in,

An essence wasted,

Into the deepest depths of the heart,

To protect the delicacy of emotions.

This identity,

The warmth that is lost to humanity,

Their true self, their honesty,

Like summer breezes,

Soft and warm to the heart.

I wish to witness

This sublime emotion of human beings.




Unforgiven


Forgive is the greatest gift in the world

That’s what people say

But what is this burning feeling?

That never subsides

Deep in my heart

You

Whom I gave everything

And left nothing for myself

Entrusting you my hopes

And dreams

All I wanted is gratitude

Nothing more

But everything I received

From you

Disappoints me

You take

Never return

Leaving me

With nothing

But myself

0 comments: